Friday, August 10, 2012

A tale of a silly cow


This morning started out thoroughly uneventful. Babies crying, toddler screaming, husband looking half comatose, my hair defying gravity in a few spots and one eyeball sort of sealed shut from being half asleep. You know, the usual. Then, just as I am sitting down to feed a famished baby, I see a disturbing sight out the window. Come to think of it, that window is pretty notorious for me seeing disturbing sights out it. Maybe I should just keep it shut. Anyway, there is the cow. Eating chicken feed. No, eating sounds too casual. There was the cow HOOVERING chicken feed, is more like it. I tell my husband what she's doing, who then asks me who was the last person to get in the chicken feed. We both shut the container religiously to keep a munchy cow and sly sheep out of it. If we don't, they know. Somehow, some way they KNOW. So, something was fishy. I put a baby down, get dressed and run outside to see how the heck the cow got in the chicken feed. Then I see it - one very busted, splintered feed storage container with a 500# cow eating as fast as she possibly could before I took away her loot. She knew what I was going to do. Cows are way smarter than people give them credit for, seriously. She was determined to get into that feed, pushed it over and rammed it with her head until it busted. Dang cow. The poor, splintered container is in the chicken coop and now I have a very put-out cow. The sheep tried to get in on the action, but she kept chasing them off. It was quite the sight. I'm sure I added to the specter with me wearing a pink floral bed jacket, gravity defying hair, one sealed eyeball, flipflops and capris. I hope my neighbors were inside with their blinds shut, 'cus that was one embarassing way to start the day.

2 comments: