Wednesday, December 18, 2013

O, Christmas Tree

Right now is one of my absolute favorite times of the year. I love everything about it. Christmas lights. Feasts. Christmas Tree. And since we've lived in Utah, the snow. That's one of the things we didn't have on near the coast was snow, at least not anywhere near our home.

I put the tree up a couple of days ago. It's a beautiful tree, but unfortunately it's also big and unlit. It's a 7.5 ft artificial fir with little pinecones and berries scattered all over. Most of the berries have long been pulled off by curious kids or fallen off with yearly set-up/take-down routines. It took me about 6 hours to set up the tree and cover it in lights. My arms were completely ripped up from the fake needles by the end. My 3 yr old and I are decorating it tonight for Daddy. She's been so excited about Christmas ornaments that it's been keeping her up at night. I just brought up the ornaments from outside, so we're gonna have a fun night. The thick fog has rolled in again for the evening. I can't see past our barn anymore. And we're gonna have a decked out house tonight. Yup, Christmas-time, yule-tide, winter-time, winter solstice...take your pick... they all happen at the same time of the year, and they're ALL my favorite, FAVORITE time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment